James R. Kirkland
My unwavering support of your family law needs will be met with diligence, honor, and dignity.”
James R. Kirkland is a pillar of the family law community in the Dayton, Ohio area. He has 50 years of experience as an attorney and his practice consists exclusively of family law. He has handled countless cases over the years, ranging from divorce to child custody to complex property settlements.
Highlights of his career include:
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America
- Ohio Super Lawyer (2004 to present)
- Ohio Domestic Relations. Marital Property Rights (1987 to present)
- Ohio Domestic Relations Journal and Advisority Board
- OSBA Certified Specialist in Family Law
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Numerous speaking engagements including for the Ohio State Bar Association and American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Ohio Chapter
- Martindale Hubbell A.A. Rating
Ohio and Federal Bar Association
The Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law. J.D.
Ohio Wesleyan University. B.A.
Memberships and Awards
America Bar Association Family Law Section
Marital Property Committee Chair 1984-1985
Trial Practice Co-Chair Committee 1989-1992
Ohio State Bar Association, 1976 – Present
Ohio Chapter President 1989-1990
Need A Consultation?
Divorce and Family Law can be confusing and complex without the right attorney. All of us at Kirkland & Sommers understand that and we have built our practice on the founding principal that we will make sure that you understand every step we take to deliver you to a just result.